MobileIron is on the cutting edge of the mobile revolution. Think about how important your phone is – mobile devices are becoming increasingly critical for employees to be productive at work. This has left companies struggling to keep those devices secure while enabling access to company information and preserving employee privacy and positive user experience. More and more companies are now turning to Enterprise Mobility Management software to assist them with that priority. MobileIron is the leading standalone EMM vendor in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant..
We are looking for people that can help us build the next chapter of MobileIron which means helping us scale to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
As a Solution Architect, you are the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for MobileIron’s (Access and EMM) Solutions. Your duties start in the sales process where you will help our large enterprise customers understand the specific values that Access provides to the Enterprise SaaS applications deployed - whether it is Cloud Security, Mobile Security, DLP, SSO, Compliance or Desktop/Legacy interoperability. You will guide the sales team in delivering successful PoCs and use that experience to architect, design and lead implementation team to ensure successful production deployments. As part of the Engineering organization, you professionally represent MobileIron Access to our customers. On the other hand, you become the voice of the customer and the field when collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams to continuously improve Access as a product and a solution. You are always on the lookout for identifying feature opportunities by solving real problems that our customers face dealing with modern operating systems and Cloud services. Your partnership with Product and Engineering gives you a strong influence on the product strategy, vision, roadmap and even how we build and test the solution.
You will build best practices on how to deploy and manage Access across the various Mobile platforms, Apps, Desktops, Cloud Service Providers (CRM, HR, Productivity and Storage) and Identity Providers. You will become a trusted Subject Matter Expert for our sales team and act as a trusted advisor to customers and partners. You will train our field, support and professional services organization on the latest and greatest in the Access ecosystem. You will write blogs, guides, knowledge bases and represent MobileIron in our annual user and sales conferences and major industry events, many times as a speaker.
This position requires an established track record of understanding and integrating complex enterprise environments utilizing both premise and cloud applications. The ideal candidate will thrive in integrating security solutions in mission critical enterprise applications, and is excited about opportunity to work in the rapidly advancing space of Mobile/Cloud Security and User/Device Identity. The position reports into Engineering leadership but it will require building strong working relationships with Business Development/EcoSystem, Technical Marketing and Professional Services organizations.
- Make presentations to customer at C-Level as well as Technical Teams to illustrate the value of MobileIron Access covering the business, security, privacy, policies, compliance and technology perspectives.
- You will be working with cross-functional Product Management and Engineering Managers to help define a winning architecture for enterprise cloud security. MobileIron is a standalone vendor so architecture should be neutral and best for enterprise customers. To scale, the Architecture must take into account delegated administration for business groups (and global deployments), Scale, Redundancy, Performance.
- You will be called-upon guiding customer on architecture that can help them migrate from On-Premise to Cloud deployments including Applications. You will be called-upon for guiding customers on application architecture as they migrate from on premise to Cloud.
- You will be called upon to work with UX and engineering teams to help develop state-of-art Hierarchical Dashboard and analytics required by Admin, C-Level, Business and Compliance teams
- Guide the development of demos, proof of concepts, and reference architectures in the role of a Technical Architect with a strong sense of large enterprise and federal customer environments.
- Ensuring successful deployment of MobileIron Access solution through detailed use case understanding from all aspects - Mobile, Cloud Service Provider and Identity Provider - directly working with the customer.
- Partner with the Product & Release Management team in aligning the solution features across Access, Tunnel, Sentry & EMM products to meet customer commitments with the various project timelines for Beta as well as Production deployments.
- Work with BD, Ecosystem and TME teams to ensure the Access solution is successful with the various partner integrations and guiding them in choosing and prioritizing partners based on your insights into the customers and their use cases
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams.
- Establish deep relationships with key IT decision makers, who drive long-term Mobile, Cloud or Security adoption within their company.
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Travel up to 40%.
- Experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud, mobility or security solutions.
- Proven hands on experience with one or more of the cloud services such as SalesForce, Office 365, WorkDay, Box, Concur etc.
- Proven experience in SSO implementations using ADFS, Ping, SiteMinder, Okta etc.
- Proven experience in guiding UX teams to design a Hierarchical DashBoard required by Admin, C-Level, Business groups and Compliance teams for global enterprise deployments.
- Strong understanding of MS Active Directory, Azure AD, PKI, Networking and protocols like SAML, OAuth with good understanding of Web technologies (e.g. Cookies, Tokens, Proxies) and Large Enterprise Network/Security Architectures
- Extensive experience in the role of a Solution Architect, System Architect, Professional Services Engineer or Sales Engineer deploying Cloud or Security solutions within a software and/or services company such as SalesForce, Amazon, Microsoft, VMware, IBM, HP, ServiceNow, Dell, AT&T, Verizon etc.
- Presentation and communication skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small, technical and C-Level audiences
- Well versed with building and maintaining exceptional level of documentation including architectural diagrams, flowcharts, message flows, standards etc.
- Enterprise Background is a plus