PlanGrid is used on thousands of projects (including hospitals, government buildings, utility plants etc), and we are looking for a highly motivated and technically skilled internationalization engineer to partner closely with various engineering and product teams within PlanGrid. Your responsibility will be to enhance our localization infrastructure, create international libraries, create new i18n functions to help develop create global-ready products and applications to ultimately deliver an awesome experience for our global users. You will also be PlanGrid’s subject matter expert on i18n development process and aid in solving i18n issues across functions to help PlanGrid expand globally. You will be a key member in shaping how we deliver our platform for our international markets.
What You'll Do
- Determine and advocate for best l10n/i18n practices
- Build and support tools for development and continuous deployment of internationalized platforms, codebases and products
- Work with translation vendors to support translation across all the languages
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure design, layouts, etc. meet regional expectations
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to ensure applications are developed globalization-ready
- Be a critical part of new country launches and international expansion.
- Internationalization/localization experience
- 5+ years in Software Engineering roles
- Expert knowledge of at least one dynamically-typed language *Python preferred
- Building/working on a globalized product and web development
- Thrilled at the idea of helping grow local community worldwide
- Thorough knowledge of Unicode design, ICU4J, CLDR, and other common i18n standards
- Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices
- Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems
- Ability to influence others at all levels and across the organization to adopt a new perspective.
PlanGrid solves a major problem for a 7,000 year old industry. Construction data is shackled in legacy, paper blueprints that are clunky, heavy to carry, and result in enormous rework costs totaling $9 billion per year for the industry due to working from outdated plans.
PlanGrid was built by builders, for builders. We’re spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. Contractors, owners, designers, and architects worldwide maximize PlanGrid to finish their projects on time and under budget. PlanGrid currently stores over 50 million blueprints, making us the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and have secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible