About the Role:
We’re looking for Frontend Engineers to help us transform the construction industry. Our customers are building some of the most amazing construction projects on the planet
, and PlanGrid allows them to be radically more efficient
In order to help meet customer needs, candidates must:
- Be proficient in modern web technologies & Frameworks (ES6, CSS3, React/Redux)
- Have a technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Have a strong grasp of Computer Science Fundamentals (Data Structures, Theory Basics, etc.)
- Feel at home using modern web testing frameworks. (Karma/Jasmine, Jest, etc)
Ideally, candidates will also have experience:
- Refactoring and re-architecting to support new models and paradigms
- Using modern build systems (Grunt, WebPack etc)
- Writing highly scalable, reliable front-end web applications
We realize that few people will have experiences that run the gamut of what this role requires day-to-day, so we’re looking for people with a track record of success of providing insanely great customer experiences. We value diversity and recognize that smart people from a wide range of backgrounds are the key ingredient to building the best products.
Other things we value:
- A preference for quality over quantity: You understand the technology, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and appreciate a team that holds each other to a high standard.
- Ownership and pride over everything you ship: You'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it provides real value.
- Deep customer empathy: You recognize the value in solving real customer problems and strive to use the best conceptual models to frame the problem.
- A love of building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
- Team players: You recognize that the ‘whole is greater than the sum of its parts,’ appreciate collaboration, and do your part to make the larger team win.
- Pragmatism: You consider the many tradeoffs (business, technical, UX, speed, accuracy, complexity) inherent in every decision.
PlanGrid is committed to support you to do great work, use technologies you like, alongside peers you respect. You’ll do this on a product that delights users, has made money from the day it launched, and grown steadily ever since. If that sounds like the environment for you, we’d love for you to build and grow with us.
PlanGrid solves a major problem for a 7,000 year old industry. Construction data is shackled in legacy, paper blueprints that are clunky, heavy to carry, and result in enormous rework costs totaling $9 billion per year for the industry due to working from outdated plans.
PlanGrid was built by builders, for builders. We’re spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. Contractors, owners, designers, and architects worldwide maximize PlanGrid to finish their projects on time and under budget. PlanGrid currently stores over 50 million blueprints, making us the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and have secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible