Wahoo Fitness helps athletes get better by making easy-to-use connected devices. Our fitness platform seamlessly integrates wearable sensors, advanced-training hardware and mobile apps with iPhone and Android accessories to help everyday and world-class athletes alike reach their fitness goals. We were founded in 2010, are privately funded and have had five years of incredible growth. Our products are sold globally, including at key retailers such as the Apple Store and also online at Amazon and Wahoo Fitness’ website. We have won multiple innovation awards, including ones from the Consumer Electronics Show and Eurobike. We need creative, passionate, self-starters who thrive in a casual, free-flowing environment to help fuel our growth.
- Unique combination of project/people management, technical depth, industry knowledge, customer sensibility, vision and passion.
- Lead Wahoo’s efforts to deliver new and enhanced software to ensure Wahoo provides customers cutting-edge, connected fitness device products.
- Reports to the Founder and Chief Product Officer
Define & Lead:
- In partnership with the Chief Product Officer, Business Owners and Hardware Lead, transform product ideas into successful product launches – on time, on scope and on budget.
- Attract, retain and motivate a highly skilled software engineering team.
- Coach and provide advice while extensively participating in technical decisions.
- Act as a “go to” technical resource capable of simplifying complex issues, building consensus around solutions, and driving swift resolution of cross team issues.
- Build a world-class software product delivery organization to implement the product roadmap.
- In partnership with Wahoo’s R&D and Sales & Marketing teams, rapidly create products that deliver on the company’s revenue, margin and broader business objectives.
- Lead Wahoo’s software function.
- Own the development of the Company’s software architecture.
- Identify key success metrics, analyze the results of product launches / changes, and communicate results and next steps.
- Successful track record of leading the effort to rapidly take products from concept to commercial production in an early stage / small company.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of software development experience driving the launch of consumer software apps or “smart” consumer electronic products
- 5+ years experience managing and developing others in software development
- Ability to set clear project objectives and focus for technical development and product teams and achieve desired results.
- Strong technical and project management capabilities
- An open communicator – we strive to maintain a culture and a company where we leave politics at the door, where brainstorming is the norm and where we encourage every colleague to be engaged in the process.
- A problem solver – possessing a balance of can-do attitude with an understanding of what can actually be done with time and resources. Strong desire to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with a bias towards making tough decisions.
- Certified sense of humor
- Connected development experience is a plus.
- Agile software development with Scrum experience is a plus.
Wahoo Fitness team members are good at what we do because we’re passionate about it. We’re looking for folks who have a variety of outside interests and who are as passionate about what they do for work and for fun. You don’t have to be an Olympic athlete or rocket scientist to work at Wahoo Fitness, but you should do what you love and love what you do.
Wahoo Team members are self-starting, self-motivated, initiative-taking, and make-it-happen kind of people. We’re a small company, so we need people who can figure things out on their own, know when to ask for help, and can drive things forward quickly and efficiently. An ownership mindset is a must - don’t expect for someone to do your job for you. We think that excuses kinda suck - so don’t try to blame our dog, Birdy, when your homework isn’t done.
We’re nice people. And a lot of what we do is based on building great relationships. The relationships with our customers, with our App partners, with our manufacturers, and- most importantly- with each other are critically important to our business. We want to work with folks who have a friendly, positive attitude and a fantastic ability to play well with others. We want people who build friendships, not networks.