At Evidation Health we have the unique opportunity to leverage data shared by millions of patients within and outside the point of care. You can help us learn from that data to understand how to keep people healthy, prevent illnesses, and speed up recovery times. We seek highly motivated candidates for a full-time position as data scientist with emphasis on leveraging vast amounts of behavior and activity data to predict disease progression and health outcomes.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse team including ex-CTOs of name brand consumer sites, DEFCON and IOI veterans, Berkeley PhDs, and leading researchers in AI and machine learning. This position is based in Santa Barbara, CA or San Mateo, CA.
- High level of motivation and willingness to learn new tools and ideas. Health Data Science is a nascent field where methods and concepts are quickly evolving
- Proficiency in Python, emphasis on pandas, scikit-learn
- Understanding of statistics: significance tests, source of biases, mixed effect models, experiment design.
- Experience with Apache Spark, Presto
- Knowledge of R
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Location: world class beaches, outdoors, and a thriving tech and academic scene
- Open vacation policy - take time when you need it
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and competitive coverage for your family
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Lots of opportunities for growth