The Primer team started as a growth consulting company working with clients to fuel exponential growth. They found that every single app needed to overhaul the first time user experience. However, each iteration took 2-6 months to launch. For apps, that’s an eternity. The Primer team saw a massive problem that needed to be solved.
With Primer, gone are the days of having to design, engineer, QA, and submit a new release to improve your native app’s first user experience. Primer’s visual editor is the only way a single team member can come up with an idea, design it and deploy it in less than 30 minutes.
Primer enables apps to welcome users with native screens containing content that matches why users are trying the app. Invite referrals are welcomed by their friends, Facebook ad installs are shown the item they installed to buy and all users get a great first impression.
In this position you report directly to our CTO and work closely with every team at Primer. You'll be responsible for the growth and engineering of our core products.
- Manage complex technical projects and a team of software engineers
- Mentor the development of each direct report with weekly 1:1
- Provide frequent and constructive feedbackon everything from the code to the business objectives
- Work closely with product managers and designers to refine requirements and product features
- Lead the hiring process by continuing to hire top-notch engineers as your team grows
- 3+ years experience in commercial, enterprise-level development environment
- Able to clearly articulate desired outcomes and motivate engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills and can demonstrate having collaborated product managers, designers, other engineers and other disciplines to deliver multiple projects in a timely manner
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience employing common UI design patterns (MVC, Dependency Injection, etc.)Exceptional problem solving skills.BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Great SF location in the heart of SOMA - close to public transportation (Bart/Muni/Ferries) - restaurants/nightlife
- Competitive salaries with early-stage stock options
- 100% Health, Dental and Vision premiums paid for the employees and DEPENDENTS!
- Flexible work schedule which includes life/work balancePick your own equipment including a pair of Bose headphones
- Free lunches with the team
- Friendly dogs are allowed in the office
- Public transit reimbursement