MyVR, a funded, Y-Combinator (W12) startup in San Francisco, is looking for full-stack engineers to join our growing team.
As a full-stack software engineer, you'll be working on our open platform that helps power the vacation rental industry. MyVR has a small engineering team where everyone contributes across our broad product suite. Whether you gravitate towards the front-end, the back-end or somewhere in between, we're likely working on projects that are in your sweet spot. MyVR is built with a Python/Django back-end and AngularJS front-end, but if you're experienced in other frameworks, we find that transfers over quickly.
The ideal candidate combines a strong overall computer science background with deep experience in full-stack web development. You're equally at home designing data stores, architecting scalable Python services, and building beautiful AngularJS applications. You've demonstrated your abilities writing top-quality web or open source software. You have excellent technical judgment and a strong product sense.
- Very comfortable with full-stack web development
- Knowledge of one or more web application frameworks
- Avid follower of the technology industry and current technology/web-related trends
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of scalability, systems engineering, design patterns, and algorithms
- Great product sense and software design sense; excellent technical judgment and architecture experience
- Expert knowledge of Python & Django
- Experience working on large-scale web applications
- Experience with Linux and AWS
- Ability to own projects end-to-end as demonstrated by significant open-source contributions, independent projects, team leadership, or startups
- Detailed knowledge of performance and scalability, including front-end web browser performance analysis
This is a full-time role in San Francisco, CA, although we're open to considering remote working arrangements for the right candidates.