At One Kings Lane, we’re doing so much more than selling great home décor. We are pioneering a new generation in ecommerce while defining and curating a $158B national home market. We’re young, but we’ve grown our revenue 500% in the first year of business, and are on track to top that by over 200% this year. We have investors like Kleiner Perkins, Greylock Partners, and Tiger Global Management backing us up. And yet, don’t think of us as just an e-commerce company - at the core, we’re a product and technology company driven by our strong brand and products. We’re hard at work trying to solve problems around big data, recommendations, machine learning, supply chain management, site performance and scalability, fraud monitoring and detection, and mobile applications.
Our platform is actually barely a year old, but in the course of that time, the engineering minds at One Kings Lane are tackling technologies like Hadoop, NoSQL, Redis, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, PHP/Zend Framework, jQuery, and iOS/Objective-C. We believe in the Agile methodology, and can roll with continuous builds, working in the cloud, and behavior-driven development. Our stack has enough variety that you can start contributing immediately with what you do know, while continuing to expand your skills into areas you want to know.
Engineering at One Kings Lane thrives on quick-thinkers who can build and iterate in a fast-paced environment. Our small team builds and delivers outstanding features to our customers and vendors using the most progressive technologies available. You will help us define and build our entire technology stack from the UI layer down to the scalability of our platform.
- Actively collaborating on projects with business stakeholders and PMs
- Helping to drive technical requirements and design of new features
- Test- and behavior-driven development (Rspec, Capybara, Jasmine)
- Writing code that focuses on progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Communicating technical ideas to a non-technical audience
- Mentoring other engineers on coding standards
- Being part of a close-knit team that cares just as much about code-quality as where to find the best ice cream in the city
Skills & Experience:
- Experience building high-quality, scalable web platforms with strong UI focus
- Expertise of core front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Strong understanding of front-end performance and scalability
- You are skilled in preferably Ruby, but great knowledge of programming standards, patterns, and best practices is what we’re looking for, agnostic of language
- Experience with distributed systems and concurrent programming
- Working knowledge of databases, primarily MySQL, but NoSQL is a nice to have
- Passion for shipping clean, quality code
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Intrigued yet? Submit your resume now and tell us why you rock.