Xero is beautiful online accounting software that gives small businesses a better way to work and connect with their customers. If you believe in the potential of great software, and share our commitment to make the lives of millions just a little bit better, then we
would love to hear from you!
While we’re just getting started here in the US, Xero is based in Wellington, New Zealand and has been around since 2006. Globally, 350 employees service more than 140,000 paying customers, we’re listed on the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges, list
Peter Thiel as an investor and have $85m in the bank.
In order to take on the giants of the local industry, we’re rapidly expanding our product functionality to meet the needs of the US market. Key roles that we’re currently hiring for include product managers, security specialists, interaction designers, front-end
developers, .NET engineers and payroll specialists. All roles are San Francisco based and carry a top-of-market remuneration package including a generous equity component.
The Principal engineering role is key to the formation of a crack team. With at least 10 years of experience, you have probably been a Microsoft guy or girl for most of your career. You may have even thought about flirting with those Open Source technologies, but at the end of the day you keep coming back to old faithful.
You’ve either managed people before or are ready to move into a leadership role. You have architectural vision, passion for technology, can communicate effectively and enjoy being part of a team. Participating in product management communications and
contributing the engineering aspect to the discussion is an important factor in the role.
Some of the factors we be look for in our candidates include -
• Superior architectural knowledge with extensive Microsoft technology experience.
• Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Extensive knowledge of C#, ASP.Net MVC and SQL Server.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodologies
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
• Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
• A desire to live and breathe software development and shares an appreciation of design-led software.
• A strong team player that takes pride and ownership in their work.
• An ability to bring new ideas to the table, a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile.
Direct Reports -
• 2 .net engineers
• 2 QA engineers
• 1 front end developer
Our office may not have a slide between floors, and we don’t have a full-length pool yet. But we do have a whole bunch of great people building great software. If that sounds like your kind of company, then we’d love to hear from you.