Xero is beautiful online accounting software that gives small businesses a better way to work and connect with their customers. If you believe in the potential of great software, and share our commitment to make the lives of millions just a little bit better, then we would love to hear from you!
While we’re just getting started here in the US, Xero is based in Wellington, New Zealand and has been around since 2006. Globally, 350 employees service more than 140,000 paying customers, we’re listed on the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges, list Peter Thiel as an investor and have $85m in the bank.
In order to take on the giants of the local industry, we’re rapidly expanding our product functionality to meet the needs of the US market. Key roles that we’re currently hiring for include product managers, security specialists, interaction designers, front-end developers, .NET engineers and payroll specialists. All roles are San Francisco based and carry a top-of-market remuneration package including a generous equity component.
Our front enders make the magic happen! You bring to life the beautiful designs that make Xero such an enviable application. We’re looking for someone who dreams about things like Node.js, RequireJS, REST, Backbone, Underscore, Sencha Ext JS, Knockout, ES5, TDD and CoffeeScript in their sleep!
Designs and screenflows will come to you in Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop and it’s your task to make them sing in all compatible browsers. This San Francisco based role is primarily working on US based accounting features such as payroll and you will be a key member of a 6-person crack team.
Some of the factors we be look for in our candidates include
- Experience with with APIs, RESTful interfaces, and JSON objects.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- A desire to live and breathe software development and shares an appreciation of design-led software.
- A strong team player that takes pride and ownership in their work.
- An ability to bring new ideas to the table, a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile.
Our office may not have a slide between floors, and we don’t have a full-length pool yet. But we do have a whole bunch of great people building great software. If that sounds like your kind of company, then we’d love to hear from you.