Join Urban Airship's Digital Wallet team, the creators of passtools.com in Palo Alto, CA as a Backend Engineer! This is a great opportunity to contribute and participate into a game changing new industry. Namely, the ability for businesses to distribute information to mobile devices without the need to install a native app. The technical challenges require brand new modern architectures as the current overall scale is in hundred of thousands of http requests per second. We welcome bright inventive minds to help us design new application, scalable, architectures.
You will also get to work with an experienced start-up team with a proven track record, able to work nimbly, efficiently and primarily focusing on product delivery performance.
- Develop and iterate on a REST based Java backend API service shared by our own web front ends and external apis to customers.
- Work with Web Engineers to integrate REST API into a great user experience
- Collaborate with Client SDK and Mobile teams to integrate REST API into great developer experience
- Collaborate with System Engineers, Reliability Engineers, and Operations Engineers on architecture, deployment, and operations
- Strong command of Java with focus on writing high performance reliable code
- Solid data modeling and data access experience
- Understanding scalability and high availability architectures
- Distributed systems design and architecture experience
- A point of view and a collaborative approach to constant improvement
- Comfortable working in a fast pace, continuous delivery environment
- Expertise in troubleshooting and tuning Java performance, garbage collection
- Solid fundamentals with Linux or Solaris
- Experience with Netty, Cassandra, HBase, MySQL, and Postgres a plus
- You play well with others